|The ABA Badge|
Founded in 1906 and the oldest organisation of its kind in the world, the Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association is the senior trade body for dealers in antiquarian and rare books, manuscripts and allied materials in the British Isles. Its membership also extends to many of the leading booksellers overseas. Members are elected solely on the basis of proven experience, expertise and integrity. They are expected to observe the highest professional and ethical standards and to foster the mutual trust and respect that exists between the trade and the public.
The display of the Association’s badge pledges members to:-
● the authenticity of all material offered for sale
● the expert and proper description of all such material
● the disclosure of all significant defects or restorations
● the clear, accurate and professional pricing of all material
● and the fairness and honesty of offers to purchase