|McNaughtan's Bookshop - Edinburgh|
McNaughtan's Bookshop, established in 1957, is a second-hand and antiquarian bookshop in central Edinburgh, probably the longest established business of its kind in Scotland.
Founded by Major McNaughtan on his retirement from the army, the shop continued to be run by Mrs McNaughtan after her husband's death in 1972 until she retired and sold it to her assistant, Elizabeth Strong, in 1979. The McNaughtans achieved an enviable reputation for an interesting and varied stock at reasonable prices, built up through hard work, a thrifty lifestyle, and an extensive knowledge of books on many subjects.
Since acquiring the business more than thirty years ago, Elizabeth Strong has striven to maintain this reputation, continuing to deal in a wide variety of areas including literature, children's and illustrated books, history, travel and topography, and Scottish books.
Tel: 0131 556 5897
Opening hours: Tue-Sat 11.00-5.00.